We are always interested in hearing from dedicated and skilled professionals, who want to work as part of our small, but close knit team. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply below or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are excited to recruit for an ECoW Ecologist to join our awesome team.
This opportunity provides a fantastic role for a committed and enthusiastic ecologist to gain experience, develop their skills and career.
This role is for ecologists who are keen to learn and are happy to undertake training and to learn skills needed for their role. This role requires the candidate to be a good team player with good communication skills.
The areas of work you will be involved in as part of this role will be highways and rail providing on site ecological clerk of works and support and guidance to our clients on site. Working to solve problems and identify constraints and ensure compliance. You will have the opportunity to undertake species surveys and work alongside senior colleagues regularly.
Part of this role requires for “office based” type of works to be carried out, but predominantly you will be required to be on site and therefore working in all weathers and at both night-time and daytime working.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have some previous ecology experience
· Hold a BSc in relevant subject
· Hold full UK Driving Licence and have a car and be willing to use it and to drive to multiple sites and locations.
· Have a willingness to learn and to develop skills and undertake training
· Have good IT skills, be confident using Office 365 ( including outlook) and a cloud based system
· Hold or be willing to obtain a CSCS card
· Be willing to become a member of CIEEM or already hold membership ( or alternative suitable professional membership)
· You will have a positive attitude to work and willingness to be a team player and understand the importance of delivering high quality work. Be happy to work day and night shifts as part of your role
· You will be able to comfortably work independently as a representative of enims and be able to seek help and support when required
· You will have excellent Health and Safety understanding and be prepared to undertake and participate in health and safety training.
· You will have a keen interest in all round ecology and a drive to further your career
· You will be a friendly, supportive individual who will fit into our friendly and supportive team
The ideal candidate will benefit from the following from enims:
· Competitive Salary and Holiday Allowance depending on experience (we are a living wage accredited employer)
· 24-hour health and safety provision
· Pension Scheme Enrolment *
· PPE supplied
· Senior Support
· IT equipment supplied for on site use as well as office and remote working
· Excellent training and development opportunities for internal training and individual training budget for external training (training is actively encouraged)
· CIEEM (or other appropriate to role) professional membership paid for yearly
· Career progression opportunities
· Supportive, friendly and fun team with team activities regularly held.
· Free and Confidential Employee Assistance Program ( EAP) for enims employees and their partner
· Death in Service / Life insurance for employees*
· Mental Health Trained First Aider and Time to Change Pledge Signed Employer
· Wellbeing days to allow for volunteering or external activities offered to all enims team members
*provided after 3 months for pension and after probationary period for death in service.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Helen Satchell ( email@example.com). Please provide subject as ECoW Ref WS0122