We have a very exciting opportunity for a skilled ecologist with a dormouse licence to join our friendly and growing team based from our Southampton Office. This role requires you to have experience in dormouse ecology and to hold a survey licence as a minimum. You will need to have a good understanding of ecology generally.
Skills and experience
· You will hold a BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
· You will hold a Natural England Survey Dormouse licence as a minimum
· You will have experience of working with large scale projects
· You will have excellent health and safety knowledge and experience
· Excellent communication skills are essential for this role as is being able to work with clients and colleagues.
· It would be advantageous to have ECoW experience on highways or rail schemes
· CSCS card holder (or willing to obtain)
· Be a member of CIEEM (or equivalent)
· Have a good attitude to work and be a good problem solver
· You will have excellent IT skills
· You will have a full UK driving licence and your own vehicle for use for work.
· Other class licences would be desirable but not essential for this role.
enims provide the following
· Competitive salary and holiday allowance dependant on experience
· 24-hour health and safety provision for all works
· Pension scheme enrolment
· PPE and Safety Equipment supplied
· IT equipment supplied
· Excellent training and development opportunities for all of the team with mentoring and training budgets in place
· Career progression
· Supportive and friendly team, with regular team meetings and social team days
· Trained company mental health first aider and time to change pledged employer
If you would like further information about this fantastic opportunity or would like to apply please send a covering letter and CV in please contact Helen Satchell by emailing or call 08456440196 to discuss this role further.
Due to the busy season fast approaching and some additional large schemes that we are delivering from our Southampton Office, we are now looking to expand our team.
We are looking for people who are versatile, committed and hardworking who can bring their ecology skills to our team and deliver our clients projects to a high quality. The right candidates will have an interest in fieldwork and be happy to also conduct office-based work when required.
Previous ecological experience and a willingness to learn is essential for this role. The work being undertaken will involve a lot Ecological Clark of Works, predominately on highways.
The right ecologist will have some previous ecology experience and will be willing to learn through training and mentorship to gain required skills. The role will involve attending sites and conducting Ecological Clerk of Works regularly on highways sites, as well as conducting other ecological survey works. This work involves working at night as well as day working dependant on the project. The work involves being out on site in all weather conditions. You will be given full support to gain confidence and understanding of the works you are involved in.
Skills and Experience
You will hold a BSc in relevant subject
Some ecology or environmental management experience
You will hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle for use for work purpose
Have excellent organisational skills
Have good IT skills and be able to use cloud-based systems as well as emails
You hold or be willing to hold a CSCS card
You will be a member of or be willing to become a member of CIEEM
You will have a good attitude to work and be a good problem solver and able to work with people well whilst representing enims.
You will have excellent communication skills which you can apply both written and verbal
You will have a good understanding of Health and Safety and will be committed to maintaining enims’ health and safety standards at all times.
You will have a good interest in all round field ecology
enims provides the following:
Competitive Salary and Holiday allowance dependant on experience
24-hour health and safety provision
Pension scheme enrolment
PPE and safety equipment supplied
IT equipment supplied
Excellent training and learning and development opportunities regularly provided
Supportive and friendly team with regular team meetings and social team days
Trained mental health first aider as well as a Time to Change Pledged Employer
For more information please contact Helen Satchell. Or to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to